Back to School: Self Care
It’s back-to-school season! It’s that time of year when students across the country race to any store in reach to purchase fresh school supplies -- but what about the other stuff?
In my last blog post, I talked about Dorm and House care items that will help you be successful this coming school year. Now, I want to talk about what we carry that can help you take care of you! The school year can be unbelievably busy and stressful; that’s why it is so important to take time to engage in some self care.
Here are some ways you can efficiently include self care into your routine using the eco-friendly and natural products we carry at FD Market.
- Natural Deodorant: Deodorant is an everyday essential for most but many deodorants contain ingredients that aren’t great for your underarm pores. The natural deodorant we carry smells amazing and lasts all day without any harmful materials.
- Face and Body Soap: A perfect substitute to plastic-packaged body washes and bars for your regular shower routine is our natural, vegan Face and Body Soaps. We carry four different types so you can find what suits your needs. (Hint: Pair with our Woven Soap Bag to help lather!)
- Muscle Balm: If you are a student-athlete or like to be active, this Muscle Balm is a must have! Simply apply the balm to sore or tired muscles and feel it gently warm the area as it increases circulation and relieves pain.
- Toothpaste Tabs: If you are looking for a way to speed up your morning routine before school starts, check out Toothpaste Tabs. Simply pop one in your mouth, chew to a paste, and start brushing! (Hint: Pair with our Mouthwash Tabs!)
- Natural Toothpaste: Our natural toothpaste is the perfect substitute for plastic toothpaste tubes, and with all clean ingredients, you will see even better results.
- Bamboo Toothbrush: In need of a new toothbrush before heading back to school? Take a look at our biodegradable, bamboo toothbrushes before purchasing a plastic one.
- Shampoo and Conditioner Bars: For dorm life where you may have limited space to store your personal products or if you're just looking to simplify your shower routine, shampoo and conditioner bars have you covered. They are plastic-free and with four different types, you can choose which kind fits you!
- Shampoo and Conditioner Refills: Another route to a plastic-free shower is by repurposing containers that you own and filling up on the variety of our liquid shampoos and conditioners -- all containing only clean ingredients. Stop by the store, our van, or browse online to find which scent is your favorite!
- Plastic-Free Scrunchies: One of our newest and cutest items are our plastic-free scrunchies! For any hair type -- thick or thin -- these sturdy, organic, and biodegradable hair accessories are a must-have for back-to-school shopping.
- Cleansing Face Balm with Apricot Powder: Free your face of any makeup and pollution collected throughout the day, or simply give your skin a morning cleanse with this face balm. It works to clean, soothe, and hydrate any skin type.
- Face Toner: Paired either with the above cleansing balm or a cleansing method of your choice, this Face Toner works as a way to brighten, soothe, and revitalize your skin -- a refreshing way to start or end your day!
- Replenish Beauty Oil: In preparation for your makeup routine or just to replenish your skin, this beauty oil is the best way to simplify and enhance your beauty ritual. It provides your skin with hydrating and protective ingredients that will last you the entire day. (Hint: Try pairing it with the Prep Primer after use!)
- Refresh Foundation: For a natural, daily makeup look, try out this hydrating and radiant all-day foundation that provides your skin with a rich blend of antioxidants.
- Universal Creme: If you are looking to cut down on the amount of products you purchase and simplify your makeup routine, you need to look at our Universal Creme. It can be used on your cheeks, eyelids, and even as a lip balm! The best part? When you run out, you can simply refill the existing container with one of the refill packages. (Hint: Try pairing it with our Bamboo Multi-Use Brush!)
- Essential Mascara: A back-to-school favorite in the makeup category is the truly essential, Essential Mascara. The way you use the product is completely up to you! You can add one layer for a more natural look or add more to go bolder.
- Better Balm: With nourishing, pollutant-protecting, and antioxidant-providing ingredients, this lip balm is a healthy and light-weight edition to your morning, noon, or night lip care routine.
- Facial Rounds: At the end of a tiring day, the best way to ensure that your skin is ready to hit the pillow is to remove any remaining makeup or dirt with these reusable facial rounds. They are a great way to eliminate waste from your nightly rituals, because they can be thrown in the washer after use.
On top of juggling school and your commitments outside of the classroom, remember to make the time to take care of yourself with the above natural and eco-friendly products.
If you are curious to see what else we have for your back-to-school shopping, come visit us at our store in Emmaus, our mobile van at your local farmer’s market, or online on our website.
Thank you for taking steps towards a greener future!